Skills Demonstration Exam Proctor
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Reporting to the Manager of Workforce Development & Peer Mentorship, The Skills Demonstration Exam Proctor will help us conduct skills demonstration exams for HCA Certification training, Advanced HCA Specialist Training, and other courses taught by SEIU 775 Benefits Group. The proctor will review videos submitted by learners, provide usable feedback to the learners, and keep accurate electronic records of the results. If you want to put your HCA knowledge and skills to use, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Score skills demonstration exam videos submitted by learners based upon existing rubrics.
- Provide feedback to learners on their demonstrations.
- Ensure that consistent grading rubrics are used.
- Accurately record results electronically.
- Conduct peer review or quality check on scored exams.
- Proactively report progress, share insights and issues with Manager of Workforce and Student Mentorship.
- Work according to assigned schedule.
- Perform other duties, commensurate with level, as assigned.
- Must be able to work at the Seattle office (located in the Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle) between the hours of 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- Work a full-time schedule, approximately 40 hours/week.
You Will Need To Have:
- Home Care Aide certification
- Successful completion of the AHCAS Advanced Home Care Aide Training within the last 2 years
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with technical devices (computer, tablets, phones)
- A strong ability to work independently when grading exams and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to take detailed notes and to create written summaries of issues
It Will Be Great If You Have:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Requisition # 1523