Principal DevOps Engineer
The DevOps team at seismic uses open-source tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible to drive automation of infrastructure as code. As we continue to grow and scale our product we continuously iterate to improve operational best practices for build, release, deployment, and reliability.
Our DevOps engineers play a critical role in the success of our product as we focus to shorten the process of development to delivery. With a solid understanding of software engineering, our geographically distributed team creates tools, scripts, and frameworks to help teams quickly and reliably release code to production. Additionally, we work closely with development teams to drive the adoption of tools and best practices throughout the SDLC. Initiatives you work on may include streamlining identity and access management, standing up a new environment, evaluating CNCF tools, or expanding into new clouds.
Who You Are:
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the work that you do
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, you know when to take charge and move forward
- Passionate for automation, you understand that automation not only saves time, but allows developers to spend more time doing what they do best - code!
- Well versed in best practices in the DevOps and Cloud Engineering fields
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build, scale, and secure application cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Build and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and Github Actions
- Automate configuration management with tools like Ansible
- Work closely with developers to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Work closely with developers during the deployment and testing phases to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Advocate and implement industry best practices for configuration management and build/deployment automation
- Participate in an on-call rotation to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation leveraging instrumentation like New Relic and Logentries
- Perseverance to debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Create tooling that works across operating systems and cloud providers
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a DevOps or Systems engineering role
- Strong scripting and tools created in a scripting language like PowerShell, Shell, Bash, or Python
- Solid understanding of the build and release process and continuous integration and delivery
- Knowledge of networking technology and concepts: TCP/UDP, SSL, HTTP, NAT
- SQL database development and optimization skills are a plus
- Understanding and passion for developing highly secure and highly available systems
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Previous experience as a software engineer a plus
What We Have For You:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Equity within Seismic in the form of stock options
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company and the market leader in sales enablement platforms. Seismic equips teams with the knowledge, messaging, and personalized content they need to engage with prospective buyers in the most effective and compelling manner during their buying journeys. Seismic has more than 700 customers across global, enterprise, and SMB segments, including IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics - and is helping these companies achieve higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates. With 14 offices around the world, Seismic has more than 800 employees. Our board of directors is comprised of industry luminaries, including John Thompson, chairman of the board for Microsoft.