Software Engineer II
As Seismic continues growing, we’ve added capabilities for marketing orchestration to help complete the life cycle of content creation and management. On this team, you will focus on building out backend solutions leveraging a variety of tools, so a polyglot mentality and ability to work across several languages will be key to success. With solid levels of autonomy and ownership, you leverage leading edge technology and cloud native architectures to drive new feature development.
The Percolate Developer Platform is a set of APIs, webhooks, and an app registry that provides an interface to integrate external product features into a Percolate installation or pass data between Percolate and another product. The platform team supports the development of Seismic built applications and middleware, known as integrations, with the long-term goal of developing an application marketplace for third party developers alike to build integrations.
What you will be doing:
- Define technology strategy for merging of existing integration platforms.
- Work collaboratively with PMs and integration team to support integration team’s goals as well as develop integration marketplace.
- Deliver and document high quality, long term focused API specs.
- Experiment with new patterns and technologies to provide forward thinking direction for the engineering organization.
- Collaborate in service architecture discussions and promote adoption of best practices and uniformity in system design and programming patterns.
What you bring to the team:
- Fluent in Python. Experience with Django is a plus.
- Experience with SQL (E.g. MySQL & PostgresQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis).
- Experience with developing REST APIs.
- Experience with OAuth.
- Experience writing maintainable and documented APIs.
- Experience developing microservices is a plus.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Equity within Seismic in the form of stock options
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.