Development Manager - Audio
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Development Manager to join our Audio team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will work side by side with key people such as other Development Managers and the Audio Director. The role will be suited to someone who is passionate about the audio arts and ideally has experience dealing with audio production and its multi-disciplines (sound design, dialogue, music, and programming). You will be a highly organised individual, who relishes the challenge, and variety, in co-ordinating multiple project workflows, enjoys improving or learning new planning.
You will work as a key facilitator, across multiple assigned titles, enabling and helping steer our teams to meet their schedule and deliverable targets.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Facilitate daily interdisciplinary project-based stand-ups and assisting the team with any blockers
- Assist audio leads with backlog review and sprint planning
- In collaboration with the project and audio leadership teams gather, implement and update relevant information for scoping and deadlines
- Create weekly audio reports that track the project towards audio complete and keep project stakeholders informed of audio status, risks and challenges
- Maintain a readable JIRA backlog, ensure JIRA is kept up to date, relevant project milestones are set and tasks are adequately assigned to those
- Help with cross team communication flow and ensure project relevant information is passed on to the audio team
- Liaise with the other Audio Development Managers and the audio leadership team to plan out resource allocation across all projects and audio disciplines
- Facilitate audio post-mortems at the end of a project and arrange regular retrospectives throughout a project at specific milestones
- Liaise with our Audio Outsource Manager for dependencies with contractors and deliverables
- Look for any improvement opportunities (e.g. communication, technology, meetings)
- Assist with the localisation dialogue pipeline
- Relevant experience in project management with a good understanding of planning scheduling, process, tracking and resource allocation
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent problem, solving skills and always looking for ways to improve our process, team or project
- Able to identify and assess risks and communicate ways to mitigate them
- A team thinker, able to support and work within a team and enable the team to perform in a united way
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to confidently chair meetings and presentations.
- Experience in the Games industry
- Experience of Agile practices
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in working with Audio teams
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.