About the job
We are looking for an experienced, competent programmer to join the team, to take ownership of build/test/tools automation on Two Point Hospital, and our other upcoming sim management games. The role will involve expanding, improving and maintaining the build process, automated stability and performance tests, and metric tracking. Ideally you’ll have an unhealthy desire to automate everything, a love of graphs, and a breadth of knowledge of tools and technologies. Experience with games development would be very beneficial but not necessary. We’re thinking at least 3 years’ professional experience, but this is flexible depending on talent. You do need enough knowledge to be quite self-sufficient to begin with.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Own the test and build infrastructure and pipeline
- Work in an agile team, taking responsibility for planning and breaking down features into tasks
- Monitor live build processes and maintain the health of all build services in the studio
- Look for areas that would benefit from automated testing of various forms, implement tests, and ensure their robustness (and tell people off when they break them!)
- Implement build quality checks to drive the quality of the build, beyond simply checking for success or failure - e.g. asset size reports
- Proactively look for ways to monitor and improve quality, make team more efficient - e.g. automatic branch merging, automated asset optimisation
- Potentially own monitoring and reporting of quality of live builds, including crash reporting, analytics and dev ops
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Solid understanding of coding process, standards and methodologies
- All the typical programming skills: source control, code architecture, debugging, testing
- All the typical soft skills: problem solving, teamwork, communication, organisation, time management, self-motivation, desire to learn
- Experience with Team City or other CI systems
- Experience with some relevant language: C#, Python, other scripting languages
- Of course, a love for games!
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- History of shipped high quality games
- Good head for statistics and data analysis
- Data visualisation skills
- Computer Science or other relevant degree
About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
Why work with us?
- As part of SEGA Europe you’ll be joining a dynamic family of studios that includes Creative Assembly, Amplitude, Relic, Sports Interaction and HARDlight. Cross-studio events promote a sense of community and a collaborative culture.
- Our brand new offices, based in the centre of Farnham, are readily accessible by car, train or bus. We completed a long-awaited move during lockdown, meaning we’ve not been there much yet… but our headquarters are beautiful, shiny and fresh out of their luxurious box.
- Work among, learn from and contribute to an experienced team. Hear plenty of classic stories, as well as the odd scandalous anecdote, from the industry's past.
- Some of us were remote working, part-time, before Covid and we expect this to increase once the world is back to ‘normal’. For some applicants we would consider remote working full-time.
- Flexible working schedule & generous bonus scheme.
We also offer a great benefits package!
- Generous pension scheme & income protection.
- BUPA private medical, dental insurance & health screening.
- Babylon app (24/7 online access to healthcare info services, prescriptions and GPs).
- Life insurance, spouse/partner life insurance, critical illness cover & will writing.
- Travel insurance.
- Udemy training licence.
- A range of flexible benefits, including: discount cards, gym-flex scheme, home technology purchases and ride to work scheme.