Lead Technical Artist - CA Sofia
As the Lead Technical Artist on our New Project, you have an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the new title from Creative Assembly’s in-house team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You will lead a small team of technical artists and animators, bringing innovation to the project and empowering the wider art team with contemporary tools, techniques and processes.
As the Lead Technical Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the technical art team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for enhancing visual quality, performance and art efficiency on our project.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, solving problems across the team, and sharing across the wider project where relevant. You will be able to communicate well and collaborate with the team to develop new features, processes, and pipelines.
You will be expected to drive new technology and art production techniques, taking responsibility for ensuring the content produced by the art department is both technically appropriate and efficiently produced. As the Lead Technical Artist, you will support & extend a rich python framework of tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the content teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Previous experience in a technical art or lead role on multiple shipped AAA titles
- Ability to communicate effectively across a team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, Blender)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Unreal Engine production experience
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Houdini production experience
- Experience with VFX
- Working knowledge of a variety of content creation software, such as: Substance, Marvelous Designer, Fusion, Marmoset, Quixel, etc.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.)
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief