Senior Tools Programmer
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Tools Programmer to contribute to our new projects. More specifically, under the supervision of the Technical Director and in collaboration with the dev and design teams, you will help structure and implement new tools and enhance existing ones, considering their needs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with both programmers and game designers to assess the needs for tools
- Translating these into ergonomic, intelligible tool designs, which are harmonized, coherent with the game’s vision, and using a set of internal tools developed using a shared (Amplitude-wide) Framework
- Creating easy-to-use tools which allow for seamless and quick iteration on the game
- Gathering the team’s feedback and continuously maintaining, improving and debugging tools
Required experience & skills
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Video Games
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- Excellent C# ability, Unity working knowledge
- Sharp understanding of Game Designers’ needs and ability to translate them in effective, user-friendly tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers, programmers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Fully fluent in English
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.