Mid to Senior Designer – HYENAS (FPS)
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Designer to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will be able to make a real impact in our game by delivering high quality gameplay. To do so, you will be collaborating and creating with our talented and passionate team, developing an innovative brand-new shooter.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of an average of 1 day per week in our Horsham studio. This role can also be fulfilled fully in studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Designer on this new and exciting project, you will be a key contributor in delivering engaging features and systems that will allow us to create a great player experience. The work can range from developing new character’s abilities, items, or new game systems.
In this role, you will also communicate and collaborate with your area’s creative leaders to ensure your work effectively deliver on the vision of the game.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design engaging features in line with the vision for the game
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to deliver feature
- Iterate on your feature, aligning with the lead/owner of your area to improve based on feedback
- Document, balance, and maintain the feature in a live environment
- Own the development of the feature and lead the team to meet the expectation set by the leadership group (senior only)
- Help mentoring the team (senior only).
- Strong Design skills: understanding key design process and how to develop gameplay
- Experience developing features and gameplay in a game
- Being able to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce documentation and design
- Ability to give effective critiques and take feedback for improvement.
- Experience owning feature delivery, leading multidisciplinary team
- Experience of using UE4 in development
- Experience working on multiplayer and/or first-person shooter
- Experience in AAA or Live game development.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.