International PR Manager
International PR Manager
BASED AT SEGA EUROPE HQ IN BRENTFORD, UK
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF PRODUCT PR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with head offices in London, UK and Irvine, CA(US). With seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada including Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment. At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA Europe Central Marketing team, you’ll be expected to take responsibility for assigned product communications from the SEGA Europe portfolio for EMEA Regions. This would include products from SEGA Europe’s ‘Pillars’; Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios and SEGA Searchlight, an internal incubation pillar focusing on new IP. The crux of this role is promoting and raising awareness of SEGA Europe titles.
You will be required to work closely with the SOE comms team, in addition to other commercial departments both internally and at SEGA Europe’s studios. Of particular importance will be collaboration with your assigned studio brand teams, respective SEGA Europe product managers the community team and the SOE Americas marketing and PR teams.
Your core responsibilities will include input into studio PR plans and working with SOE agencies to develop and implement product specific local PR plans to ensure each market is catered for and represented appropriately. The role will also entail direct media relations, pitching, event support and execution, and reporting.
We’re looking for a personable, credible, well-organised individual with strong entrepreneurial spirit and a creative streak. This position will also require domestic and international travel to attend industry and consumer events, join meetings and visit studios in the future.
- Help develop, refine, and implement Pillar PR plans for the titles you are responsible for in EMEA markets.
- Be the point of contact for UK media on the titles you are responsible for and develop strong media relationships
- Contribute to the expansion of all key franchises into emerging and established EMEA markets, defining PR strategy for traditional & GAAS product promotion
- Work very closely with the SEGA Europe Central Marketing team, including Product Managers, the Community team and the International PR team to maintain a synchronised team approach
- Establish a strong working relationship with your assigned Pillar Brand teams, especially the Pillar PR teams to ensure timely asset delivery and code distribution.
- Regularly bring well-rounded media and influencer pitches to the studio teams to keep a steady flow of engaging earned content
- Ensure strong, regular communication to all internal teams with clear updates
- Plan and organize press events for relevant titles where required, to ensure maximum coverage for key campaign beats
- Collate and distribute internal reports regularly to management, brand and product teams regarding coverage/press feedback
- Work with external PR agencies as required by territory
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A passion for and understanding gaming is important. A knowledge of strategy games is a huge plus but not a requirement
- Some experience working in a games PR environment, either agency or in-house, or the equivalent experience working in the media as a gaming journalist
- Good existing relationships with the press and knowledge of the media landscape
- Ability to work as part of a small and busy team
- A creative thinker with great pitching and writing skills
- Great project management & PR planning skills
- Knowledge of competitor products within the industry
- Impeccable communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong reporting skill