Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Technical Artist who is ready for a new challenge and has experience working on multiple titles.
As Senior Technical Artist, you will be the driving force constantly pushing the quality of art within the game. You will work alongside the tech art team, as well as working directly with art teams, programmers, and other key stakeholders on a daily basis.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid or fully in-studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will work with your team providing technical support to the artists across multiple projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence
- Create, maintain, and review workflows, tools, and pipelines, leading by example
- Look for opportunities to improve and optimise the art teams’ workflows and processes, as well as introduce new practises across the Total War art team as a whole
- Actively look for innovative and creative ways to improve the workflow and quality of the art content
- Liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments, between the total war team and console team at CA.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Strong understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
- Experienced in Houdini throughout at least one AAA title development cycle
- Procedural generation experience.
- Experience with C++
- Production experience with 3DS Max
- Substance Designer / Painter experience
- Have experience as an artist in the games industry
- Previously shipped AAA titles in an equivalent role
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.