Platform Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Platform Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join a hugely talented and world-class engineering team in an innovative, professional, and dynamic environment. This role is based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Platform SDET on the engineering team, you will be responsible for the implementation and integration of game-agnostic and company-wide online services with the highest quality. Passion for software quality, professional development and commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be a proactive member of the team and own the automation pipeline
- Play a key role in developing the test framework, automating test scenarios, and maintaining the test infrastructure
- Help accelerate all aspects of product development, releases, CI/CD, and tooling
- Provide the team with a quality strategy that supports the team’s delivery goals and aligns to the overall Live Services quality strategy
- Work closely with the platform developers, SDETs and dev managers to help ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required
- Enable and encourage developers to implement unit tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure
- Have a strong focus on quality and risk assessment throughout the product delivery lifecycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required.
- Strong C/C++ programming background
- Experience with C++ test frameworks such as Catch2 or similar
- In-depth understanding of exploratory testing and its applications
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration) systems such as GitLab CI/CD
- Well-versed in software engineering principles
- Exposure to tools like WinDbg, Wireshark
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Systems and critical thinking mindset
- Experience with modern C++
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell
- Experience of Agile practices
- Game development experience and passion for video games
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.