HR & Engagement Coordinator (1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Ice-cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?). But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
This is a busy and varied role working in our Publishing HR team who support our Publishing group in West London; a highly skilled, engaged and diverse group, servicing our development studios and leading the SOE (SEGA of Europe) Publishing services, which acts as our European HQ and collaborating with our SOA (SEGA of America), who have a group of UK based staff that require local HR support.
Our West London office is also home to our Studio Operations team who are language specialists, testing SEGA products and verifying any localised assets. Across the two teams there are approximately 280 staff with departments including Commercial Publishing through Sales, Marketing and PR, Business Development, Business and Product Planning, Online Technology, Language Quality Assurance and various support functions including HR, Legal and Finance.
· Organisation of office events and engagement activities
· Ownership of our monthly hands all meeting presentation and content coordination
· Coordination of our weekly staff email Digest and support with copy
· Regular staff intranet content management
· Long service award scheme process coordination
· Organisation and coordination of staff and new joiner merchandise
· Support to HR team on staff induction process
· Coordination of HR and engagement admin including invoicing
· Adhoc admin support and close collaboration with our HR team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Previous experience working in an HR team, preferably in a high engagement environment
· Strong written and proof-reading skills
· Technically proficient with previous experience with PowerPoint and Outlook
· Alignment with our company values; Entrepreneurial in Spirit, Always Collaborating, Winning Mentality and Uncompromising Quality
· Entrepreneurial in Spirit: Creative, and filled with new ideas, always looking to create the most engaging environment for our teams
· Always Collaborating; Strong relationship building and communication skills, closely collaborating with the HR team and broader staff group
· Winning Mentality; Resilience and ability to work under pressure with positivity and enthusiasm
· Uncompromising Quality; High standards of work with attention to detail and ability to prioritise work.