EMEA PRODUCT MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR
SEGA OF AMERICA – EMEA TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE EMEA DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA of America (SOA) is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team based in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else, the EMEA Team look after SEGA’s Japanese and ATLUS studios. They cover a diverse range of franchises including: Yakuza, Persona and Sonic the Hedgehog, as well as exciting projects such as the SEGA Mega Drive Mini.
This role is based at SEGA’s European headquarters based in West London where you’ll find a diverse range highly talented individuals from Sales & Commercial, Marketing, Community, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
As the EMEA Product Marketing Administrator, you’ll be an integral part of the SOA EMEA Marketing team. You’ll interact with distribution partners throughout Europe and will work on the Japanese IP portfolio, including titles from ATLUS, RGG, Sonic alongside several back catalogue titles. Under the guidance of the EMEA Director of Marketing and Product Marketing Managers, you’ll assist in planning, delivering, and executing EMEA go to market plans and best-in-class campaigns for assigned products under their jurisdiction.
You’ll have excellent communication and rapport building skills as a core part of your role will be working closely with local distribution territories as well as several internal SOA teams including Brand, PR/Comms, Community, Creative Services, Commercial, amongst many others.
As the EMEA Product Marketing Administrator within a leading games industry publisher, you’ll get great insight and experience into the video games sector and more specifically with the Japanese IP publishing side. You’ll develop your knowledge across international marketplaces, physical and digital retail, marketing planning and execution and campaign asset production. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate and aspires to work as part of a successful team.
Being a junior role, the emphasis is a willingness to learn an execute, show initiative, attention to detail and project manage assigned tasks from start to finish. While prior marketing experience is desirable, it is not essential. However, knowledge and passion for gaming / entertainment is a bonus.
The candidate will work within the UK office in Brentford as a member of the SEGA of America EMEA team and will interface with other SOA internal departments in Europe, North America, and Japan.
As part of the SOA EMEA Product Marketing team, you will work in tandem with the Director of Marketing and Product Marketing Managers. Your core responsibility is to provide support in the planning and execution of EMEA Go to Market plans across assigned products by assisting with the following tasks:
- Support the Product Marketing Managers in planning and executing marketing campaigns across a variety of owned, earned and paid-for channels for assigned products.
- Assist on the production and/or localisation of EMEA campaign assets including but not limited to trailers, paid media materials (including static and video-based assets), events, merchandise, retail point of sale materials, influencers assets and codes etc.
- Organise and deliver assets to local distribution and agency partners in a timely and structured manner and as briefed by the Product Marketing Managers.
- Manage Purchase Orders and track product budgets effectively under the supervision of the Product Marketing Managers.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all teams within SOA/SOE and across multiple time zones to ensure campaign deadlines are achieved.
- Work closely with our various agency partners agencies to help delivering best-in-class marketing support for all Product Marketing Managers.
- Provide 3rd party account support when required (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft etc.).
- Support trade marketing initiatives and events as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience working in and office environment; within the gaming industry would be a bonus.
- Willingness and ability to learn, assimilate and apply working processes quickly.
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritise tasks in a fast and changing environment.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative.
- Team player and willing to work with multiple cross-functional departments across multiple time zones.
- Natural passion for the video games industry and knowledge of major Japanese video game franchises a bonus but not essential.