Senior Product Manager
SEGA OF AMERICA EUROPEAN BUSINESS TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE EMEA COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA of America is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else the EMEA Team look after SEGA’s Japanese and ATLUS studios.
This role is based at SEGA’s European Head Quarters, based in West London where you will find a diverse range of highly talented individuals covering all aspects of publishing.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Ice-cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?). But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme. As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA of America EMEA Team, this role is expected to take ownership for the range of titles within the SEGA of America and Atlus portfolios including: Yakuza, Persona, and Sonic the Hedgehog; as well as taking the lead on exciting projects such as the SEGA Mega Drive Mini and Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Being successful will require working closely with other internal departments in both the North America and UK offices, as well as externally with distribution partners and agencies.
- Planning and execution of UK ATL marketing campaigns for assigned products in the UK in conjunction with the Sales team to hit pre-defined objectives.
- Be an ambassador for all products across EMEA while being the point of contact at SEGA for assigned products.
- Manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget, while maximising delivery and impact on all titles.
- Marketing ownership for assigned titles within the EMEA region, working closely with the local distribution teams to ensure ATL and channel execution of product specific campaigns.
- Support and mentor colleagues in the marketing team.
- Assist with local-territory-specific production requirements (eg. language, bespoke asset creation, contractual or age-rating classification issues) liaising directly with the studios and other departments within SEGA as required.
- Work closely with the brand pillar teams on creative production and delivery to ensure timely and accurate marketing materials are in place.
- Develop working knowledge of assigned EMEA market places, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity and pricing economics.
- Work closely with external media and marketing agencies as required and represent the franchises in meetings internally and externally.
- Work closely with the commercial team to ensure that digital retail needs, for console and PC, are well catered for and those relationships are maximised.
- Ensure expert knowledge across key franchise titles and associated genres (including business plan forecasting, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, demo ability, market and genre status and history, and any territory specifics and competitor titles).
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all inter-company SEGA teams to ensure fully aligned execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist the sales team to deliver business plan forecasts through sell in and sell out for each SKU.
- Work closely with PR Team to ensure that the PR plan supports the marketing plan.
- Post Launch - work with all relevant internal & external partners to own and collate Post Campaign Analysis reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years marketing experience within the games industry supported by a marketing or business degree.
- Demonstrable record of delivering marketing elements to a quality level, by planned dates and within agreed budgets.
- Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Strong appreciation of publishing and broad, in-depth, and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public.
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends, both within the specialist gaming environment and wider.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative.
- Management experience.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Strong level of creativity across marketing plans and elements.
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload