QA Lead (Contract)
About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we at Two Point Studios are working remotely from home to help everyone stay safe in this difficult time, and any new starters will be joining us in this. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of opportunity to meet the team, with weekly video meetings for the whole studio, as well as daily kick off meetings and Coffee Break social video chats in the afternoons.
About the job
Your main responsibility as QA Lead will be to ensure the high quality of our games and make sure all our ‘Little People’ and the worlds they inhabit are behaving like they should! You’ll achieve this by leading the QA teams in their daily tasks, giving them the help they need and setting a good example in your own testing. If you haven’t already played Two Point Hospital, you’ll get to play it a lot now, testing new and old content, as well as carrying out testing on brand new projects as they are developed! Our simulated worlds have depth to them, in both content and mechanics, and you’ll need to be familiar with both elements to create detailed test plans for the teams to follow and give Two Point projects the thorough testing they deserve! Ideal candidates will have good communication skills, solid work ethic and a positive, friendly attitude.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Day to day coordination of QA teams across multiple platforms
- Planning elements of testing, and creating test plans
- Communicating and coordinating with internal and external testing teams, both in the UK and abroad
- Carrying out testing
- Reporting critical issues, test results and task progress to the QA Manager
- Offering advice and mentorship to testers
- Working closely with the QA Manager, assisting them in running the department, hiring team members, managing partner relationships and leading in their absence if needed
- Working with the rest of the studio to release the highest quality content possible within deadlines
The ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in a QA role, preferably in a development studio.
- Previous experience testing on consoles and using associated target management and SDK software.
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to follow set processes and implement this among the team.
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area.
- Experience in creating and executing test plans.
- A desire to lead, mentor and develop staff.
- Experience playing a variety of games including the Management/Simulation genre of games.
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields
- Experience playing Two Point Hospital
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Jira and other database and project management software (Trello, Confluence etc)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills