Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Editors Programmer to join our Total War Editors team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining one of our many in-house editors for the Total War franchise. They will work alongside other developers for knowledge sharing, development managers for all things agile and sprint-related, and end-users to ensure that their user experience is as good as it can be.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid or in-studio depending on candidate requirements. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Have responsibility for development and maintenance of one of our in-house editors
- Collaborate with others on the Editors team to further develop our editor technologies on a large scale
- Work with artists, designers, and others to understand requirements and implement changes accordingly
- Participate in regular sprint planning and retrospectives with development managers to facilitate efficient workflows.
- Strong C++ programming knowledge
- Desire to learn and keep up with modern C++
- Experience with developing tools and other GUI-based applications
- Good knowledge of patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- An unwavering mindset for good UX
- Ability to write long-lasting code and have strong awareness of technical debt
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with end-users.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Qt and ImGui
- Experience with working in the games industry
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Backend / Infrastructure
- Frontend (web, etc)
- Non-games tools
- General game programming
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.