Job Title: Design Producer
Location: SI HQ, Here East, London
Reporting to: Producer (Design and Features)
Sports Interactive are looking for a Producer to join the Creative team, to help support and project manage UIUX and Game Designers. Our goal is to deliver complex and high-quality features for future Football Manager titles and the successful candidate will play an integral part in managing this process as well as helping to refine and improve our design processes.
Our plans are ambitious, and we move fast. We’re looking for an empathetic team player with a can-do attitude, a good motivator and advocate for design thinking who is comfortable working in a demanding environment with both creatives and senior leadership.
- Own operational aspects of project management for a team of UIUX and Game Designers, including reporting, risk assessment and management, capacity planning and resource management.
- Collaboration with the wider Creative Services and delivery teams on foundational product topics
- Align with development teams to ensure effective collaboration and delivery between departments and effective dependency management
- Set goals and plan towards long term project features as well as executing short term deliverables with excellence
- Ongoing Backlog grooming and task management of design work
- Provide status updates of multiple design workstreams
- Identify potential issues and risks in advance and be a proactive problem solver
- Alongside discipline leads, organise, run and iterate on Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective sessions
- Review and improve processes and tools to improve quality, efficiency and team effectiveness
- Oversee technical hiring, mentoring, training and development of Designers in the team, supporting the team’s welfare and development.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in a Production role is essential
- Extremely organized and able to deal with competing priorities across multiple projects
- Experience working with and good knowledge of Jira and/or Helix project management systems
- Natural collaborator and listener, decisive when called upon
- Knowledge and experience with Jira task management, Helix ALM also beneficial
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, and/or waterfall production methods
- Understanding of and passion for games, UI, UX, design, football and/or project management
- Experience in a relevant design production role would be beneficial
- Experience and understanding of game development is a plus
- Able to adapt to evolving workflows and project requirements.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.