Head of Game Scouting
HEAD OF GAME SCOUTING
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO SVP, SEARCHLIGHT
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
At SEGA Europe, we support and help studios bring their game visions to market through our Searchlight incubator programme. Our mission is to create genuine, long-term partnerships with quality studios who have great ideas and want to make great games.
As Head of Content, you will be responsible and accountable for finding and securing great development talent and shaping our content strategy for the future. You will help identify, represent and support great teams with great ideas to achieve SEGA Europe's long-term strategic goals. Key to success is building and maintaining relationships for the long term. As Head of Content, you will be the developer facing ambassador of SEGA Europe’s Searchlight incubation programme.
Evangelist of SEGA Europe
- Become the face of SEGA Europe with external development studios, actively attending industry events, taking part in talks, panels and occasionally speaking to specialist press.
- Heighten the profile of SEGA Europe and Searchlight, establishing it as the destination that development teams and studios approach to partner with.
- Champion SEGA Searchlight and its projects internally with a view to maximise collaboration and value addition from other internal departments.
- Responsible for SEGA Europe developer outreach strategy and process.
- Lead the A&R function for SEGA Europe working within the agreed strategy.
- Lead the Content Planning process and all associated meetings.
- Accountable for Due Diligence process, organisation, best practices and internal meetings.
- Accountable for regular Outreach status reporting to all levels of the organisation.
- Continuously participate in updating SEGA Europe’s criteria, to improve our success rate and adapt to business changes.
Developer Relations and Contract Negotiations
- The first point of contact for all potential development partners.
- Maintain ongoing business relationships with all current development partners.
- Responsible for leading contract negotiations in alignment with Legal and Searchlight objectives.
- Accountable for maintaining best practice boiler plate contract terms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for people who want to get involved in every aspect of shaping the future of our content strategy, are highly organised, and who actively look for new things to do, not waiting for work to be handed to them.
- 3-5 years experience years of experience in a similar role, in production or business development role in the games industry.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills.
- Proactive approach to scouting and head-hunting.
- A passion for video games and in-depth knowledge of the industry and game development.
- Understanding of video games development, publishing processes and of the publisher-developer relationship.
- Ability to navigate complex technical environments.
- Deep knowledge of the video game ecosystem and existing network.
- A great collaborator, with the ability to problem solve to find win-win solutions.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage and improve process.
- Excellent presentation skills and able to adapt to different audiences, e.g. developers, executive management, publishing partners, press and consumers.
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally.