Lighting Artist – HYENAS (FPS)
Creative Assembly is looking for a talented Lighting Artist to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will bring your knowledge and experience to be able to make a real impact on our new FPS and build a believable world for players to enjoy.
As a Lighting Artist on the project, you will be a competent all-round CG artist, with strong artistic ability and have a proven track record of lighting in games, working primarily with the environment teams.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for lighting our levels and characters, contributing significantly to the overall look of the frame
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game
- Produce high end visuals within tight performance budgets
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills as this is critical to the success of this role
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, real-time lighting in an exciting Sci-Fi world
- Portfolio demonstrating a considerable range of experience with lighting of environments, characters, and cinematics
- Exceptional artistic eye and excellent at interpreting visual references and concept art
- Excellent understanding of composition, colour theory and material in relation to their application in games
- Comprehensive understanding for lighting fundamentals, cinematography, and photography
- Strong comprehension of how to use lighting to both guide the player's eye and enhance mood
- Strong understanding of physically based rendering
- Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering packages
- Experience working on and shipping AAA game titles
- Knowledge of photography principles and image correction techniques
- Traditional art skills
- Experience with Unreal engine
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.