Senior Software Engineer (Football Match Simulation)
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented software engineer to help us take our football match simulation to the next level.
You will join an innovative, collaborative and passionate team who cares deeply about representing the most realistic football simulation on the market.
As part of this team, you will be working with our state-of-the-art in-house engine, collaborating with multiple teams across the studio to support multiple products on multiple platforms. You’ll have the opportunity to work across a diverse range of areas, including but not limited to AI, animation, and internal tools.
We are looking for people who enjoy and are effective in working in a friendly, collaborative team environment, whilst also having the self-motivation to work independently.
- Develop, extend, improve and maintain our code base, workflows and tools.
- Help develop our football match engine, including in areas such as AI, animation, and internal tools, as well as working closely with our art, animation, and graphic teams to continuously improve the look, feel, and realism of our match simulation.
- Ensure we deliver the best performance and experience to our customers.
- Help research and implement new technologies as needed.
- Strong knowledge of C++, design patterns and software engineering principles
- Minimum five years of professional experience.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills for effective collaboration with programmers, artists, animators and production staff.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others.
Applications with no cover letter will not be accepted