Head Researcher (Freelancer/Consultancy Basis)
Job Title Head Researcher
Location: Freelance / Remote
Reporting to: Research team lead
Head Researcher (Freelancer/Consultancy Basis)
Please note, the Head Researcher role is a paid freelance position based on output of services and quality of research provided.
You must have the appropriate right to work within the territory you are based
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global audience of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEGA, having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. No matter how big we dream, though, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com.
Sports Interactive are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our research team as Head Researcher’s for women’s football on a freelance / consultancy basis.
Reporting to the Head of Women’s Football Research, Head Researcher’s will require in depth knowledge and research skills into specific leagues or footballing nations.
The Head Researcher role will play a key part in developing and supporting the women’s football database and team.
It is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to work on a self-employed and flexible basis as an additional source of income during your spare time.
We are looking for passionate experts of women’s football in the following countries/leagues:
- England (National Northern Premier League)
- Collect, collate, and enter specific accurate footballing data in a timely manner
- Create a network list and community of voluntary researchers which will assist in providing accurate data
- Provide detailed competition rules for all the competitions required so they can be coded as realistically as possible
- Quality check any data from others to improve any data that Football Manager has within the database.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Canvas a team of voluntary Assistant Researchers to cover specific clubs within designated leagues or nations.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A huge passion for football, in particular women’s football
- Extensive knowledge of your designated league and women’s football in that nation
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Ability to build and foster working relationships and networks.
- Knowledge of Football Manager
- Football scouting experience or qualifications
- Football analyst experience or qualifications
- Experience working on databases
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s leaving our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who works here.
We like our talent to be tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to consistent improvement and encourage our people to truly realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do and that’s one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK and France
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.