We have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Animator to join our multi-award winning Total War team.
As a Trainee Animator, you will be mentored by senior members of the team to help develop your animation skills on our current Total War projects with the opportunity to gain insight on content from beginning to completion.
The traineeships will run for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Trainee Animator, you will create in-game animations from concept to polished animations working in-game and everything in between. Working closely with your animation supervisor, you will learn to work within set time constraints and to hit our high quality benchmark. You will take onboard and implement feedback as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A demo reel showing an understanding of core animation principles. Your reel should include some locomotion and action pieces. Storytelling/acting pieces are also of interest
- Working knowledge of Maya or similar
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to working with and learn about motion capture
- Some knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of the interplay between game mechanics and animation
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.