Experienced UI Artist
Creative Assembly are looking for an experienced UI Artist to join the team on our Total War Franchise at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
As an Experienced UI Artist on this project, you will be working collaboratively with other Artists, Designers and Programmers. You will bring your creative abilities and passion to create intuitive, visually stunning and high-quality UI for the next project.
As an Experienced UI Artist on the team, you will work with the Lead UI Artist to help craft and implement UI and ensure artistic quality in our next title.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design and create cohesive visuals and identity for UI screens and content
- Work with UI/UX designers, game designers, and engineers to bring features to their polished potential
- Communicate the visual fidelity of a feature and help give the engineers all the support they need to bring that vision to life
- Create content
- Help maintain and craft a robust style guide
- Proven UI experience on at least one shipped title, or a very strong UI portfolio
- Demonstrate good use of typography, iconography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Ability to create as well as adapt to and follow a variety of artistic styles
- Experience of working from wireframe designs through to final implementation
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail for quality UI and be able to clearly communicate this
- Must be a creative and practical problem solver
- A team player, able to take advice and feedback from their colleagues in a respectable manner
- Practical experience of implementing interfaces using the Unity UI system or similar
- Familiarity with 3D software packages
About Creative AssemblyIt’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.