Online Services Developer
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR OF ONLINE TECHNOLOGY
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA is building customer facing and backend applications to take advantage of the latest advances in technology and streamline development. It’s an exciting time for the team with its vision to integrate cutting edge and emerging technologies. The Java Developer will be a key member of the Technology team, coding and maintaining systems across on the company.
- Analyse, design, implement and test of enterprise-level applications/microservices using industry standard technologies in an Agile environment
- Support and enhance live systems
- Investigating integration of new and emerging technologies within the company
- Provide detailed documentation regarding developed services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Java 8
- AWS including Serverless stack (Lambda, API Gateway, Swagger, YAML)
- Spring Framework (Boot, Core, Web, MVC, OAuth2, AOP)
- TDD, BDD
- Agile, SCRUM, CI/CD
- Big Data (Apache Spark and Spark Streaming)
- RDBMS (MySQL, Redshift)
- Write code with scalability in mind
- Highly analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Keep abreast of technology trends
- Follow best practices
- Contribute with innovative ideas
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally
- Extensive commercial development experience in a similar environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own time and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with flexibility when required