Software Engineer (3D Graphics - C++ and C#)
Sports Interactive are looking for talented graphics programmers to help us take Football Manager to the next level. You will be working on graphics code across multiple projects and products. This includes 3D visualisation of matches, football players, indoor/outdoor scenes and custom player characters. Your focus will be on visuals; improving our graphics in general and composing and rendering a large variety of stadiums, pitch types, weather types, crowds and environments covering every level of football from the tiniest grounds to 80,000-seat behemoths.
You will be heavily involved in improvements and will have great input into shaping the future direction of our graphics technology. You will also be ensuring it looks great and performs superbly on all the various platforms that we develop on as well as rectifying any stability issues we come across.
Football Manager ships on Windows, macOS, Xbox, Nintendo Switch as well as iOS and Android. We are always looking at new platforms so there is plenty of scope for an interest in a particular technology or platform.
- Research and develop approaches to improve and implement great visuals.
- Improve the look and feel of all 3D graphics areas of our products on all our platforms, including our match engine simulation.
- Work closely with our match engine, animation, tools and core tech engineering teams.
- Work with artists across the studio, bringing assets into the game so they look as intended.
- Investigate and solve performance bottlenecks and any stability issues.
- Help improve our internal graphics-related tools and pipelines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong 3D maths skills.
- Experience with graphics APIs, profiling, frame debugging and shader development.
- Knowledge of existing, recent, and upcoming graphics techniques, and modern GPU architectures.
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ and C# languages.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Professional experience using the Unity engine.
- Minimum two years’ experience with real-time graphics in a modern engine.
- Experience with cross-platform development, working on code that is used across multiple platforms.
- A solid technical background with excellent understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, portable, and well-documented code.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a team with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.