Player Experience Manager – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Player Experience Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to act as the voice of the player. You will provide a data-informed, unified source of player feedback to the project team. You are responsible for managing the pipeline for feedback, making sure information flows smoothly between players, development, and services. You will be contributing to the objectives of the Production Teams by acting as the structured, thoughtful voice of the player-base within the studio, across the entire project team.
As Player Experience Manager, you will ensure that all valid feedback is captured and tracked, and clearly demonstrate the credibility of the feedback and refine it into clear action points for development and marketing strategy.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Consolidate “Voice of the Players”: Using whatever tools necessary, you will build an intimate understanding of the player experience with the project at all touchpoints and be the internal representative of ‘the voice of the players” – Ensuring that all critical areas of feedback have been acknowledged and responded to – even if not directly acted upon
- Evaluate Closed Beta Feedback: Identify trending issues, and suggestions, raised through a variety of closed beta test groups, and identify and present key points to Discipline Leads, Cross-Discipline Feature Owners and Producers for consideration or action
- Evaluate daily Player Feedback: Utilising a variety of methods, identify the valid / trending issues and suggestions raised by the community and document and evaluate for presentation to the team
- Provide weekly Summaries: Building off these daily records, identify the top issues of the week that may need urgent addressal as well as any “quick wins”, and compile these into weekly reports that are sent out to the wider studio
- Maintain process Management: Working closely with Live QA, Brand and Development teams to improve and maintain a process for closing the feedback loop.
- Previous experience in a Live Software or Game environment
- Multi-discipline teamwork experience
- Strong familiarity with the FPS and Sci-Fi genres and good understanding of current multiplayer games across PC and console
- Strong reporting skills, with the ability to filter information fast and deliver it to relevant stakeholders
- Formidable organisational skills. Have a pro-active, troubleshooting attitude to resolve blockers and source solutions quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills used within all levels of seniority, internally and externally, across a variety of channels
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, able to operate on your own, but with support available
- Community Management experience
- Public-facing communications experience
- QA and/or Customer Service experience in a software environment
- Experience with project management tools, specifically Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with the design process and bug reporting software, best practices, and related methodologies.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.