Senior Shading & Material Artist (Unreal Engine) - CA Sofia
Creative Assembly is looking for a technical artist with good understanding of content creation in Unreal Engine, to join our in-house team here in CA Sofia. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts would be critical in this role.
Please note that a portfolio would be beneficial as part of an application for this role.
The successful candidate will be tasked with optimizing and providing for the optimal scenario when tackling the projects needs in terms of materials, shading and their technical and artistic aspects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Design Materials for Characters and Environment in UE4 and/or 5
- Create interaction and functionality for art content using Unreal Blueprint system
- Collaborate and test new features
- Strong communication skills
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience with Material Workflow and Pipelines in UE4 and/or UE5
- Deep knowledge of Material Functions and Material Parameters in UE
- Strong understanding of Shader Complexity and Material Optimizations in UE
- High proficiency with 3dsMax/Maya/Blender
- Comfortable range in Substance Designer, Painter and Photoshop
- Experience in asset creation (tile and baked assets)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Follow direction well and exercise close attention to detail
- Shader Programming experience
- Working knowledge of C#
- Proficiency with Zbrush
- At least one shipped title within the industry
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within the country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.