Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As a Data Analyst, you will be primarily in charge of driving insights for our game design and user experience teams, our marketing team and our finance team. You will be using data collected from inside our games, from our marketing campaigns and from our sales to provide predictive models, as well as actionable analyses and recommendations, on game design, user acquisition and retention strategies and revenue maximization. To do so, you will be working closely with our Financial Planning Analyst, our Brand Director, our Design and Production Leads. Specifically, you will:
- Proactively search for new data sources and design new collection systems to better inform our strategic decisions;
- Collect, process and manage diverse datasets from which to draw comprehensive analyses across the boundaries of gameplay/UX, marketing and finance;
- Design visualization systems that can be easily used by the production, marketing and finance teams to monitor key indicators;
- Develop state-of-the-art analytic and predictive models to identify key factors and help build data-driven game design, marketing campaigns and business plans.
Required experience & skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other similar quantitative fields.
- +3 years of hands-on experience in data analytics for product design, business or marketing
- Delivering insights: Strong ability to ask meaningful questions, formalize them into the right data analysis to provide statistically significant answers and actionable recommendations.
- Data management: Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data collection, warehousing and curation.
- Data analysis: High proficiency with Python (preferred) or R for data analysis
- Data visualization: Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Statistical analysis: High proficiency with basic statistical methods used for predictive modeling, segmentation, etc. Experience with advanced statistical methods, such as k-means clustering, random forest, decision trees.
- Data and analysis validation: Strong attention to providing accurate and complete data analyses and to developing tools for data and analysis validation.
- Excellent synthesis and communication skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively with a large variety of profiles (game/UX designers, marketing specialists, financial analysts) by adapting to their skills and knowledge
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced game development
- Fully fluent in English
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other similar quantitative fields
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras or Scikit-Learn
- Work in the videogames industry or in any other digital content industry
- Keen interest in the latest trends in data science, Big Data and machine learning
- Keen interest in the workings of the videogame market and its evolutions
- Basic knowledge of game design or UX design, behavioral psychology or economics
- Working knowledge of French
- Passionate about strategy games
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.