SEGA OF AMERICA – EMEA TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO COMMERICAL DIRECTOR.
A BIT ABOUT SEGA AMERICA
SEGA of America is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team based in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else the EMEA Team look after SEGA’s Japanese and ATLUS studios.
This role is within SEGA’s European Head Quarters, based in West London where you’ll find a diverse range of highly talented individuals.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of ice cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the Commercial Analysis Team, you will support the SOA EMEA Commercial Team with management, manipulation, and interpretation of data to help identify strategy and opportunity across all first party platforms. Working closely with the EMEA and NA Analysis teams you will be responsible for preparing monthly forecasting and will help define sales strategy.
This role would suit an experienced analyst with a flair for telling stories with data and a keen interest in market trends within the video games and entertainment sector.
- Manipulate data to find stories, opportunities, and challenges; communicate findings in coherent and digestible reports to relevant stakeholders
- Build relationships with USA BP and Insight teams to align objectives and encourage understanding across global markets
- Build business relationships with key partners throughout SEGA
- Prepare sales and financial forecast for monthly and annual business reporting
- Contribute to the management and automation of internal databases and insight dashboards
- Ad hoc data collection, report production and support for internal stakeholders
- Manage title input into Oracle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience handling large data sets as part of a business support function.
- An organised and motivated self-starter who can hit the ground running.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
- Experienced communicator with demonstrable negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.).
- Knowledge and interest in the video games industry, ideally with JIP games.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and a willingness to learn and take direction.
- Experience in querying large databases using SQL.
- Proficient in at least one specialist analytical platform/tool (Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx etc.).
- Experience in mediating different perspectives with internal and external teams, including departments in different locales and time-zones.
BEHAVIOURS & COMPETENCIES
- Detail-orientated, organised, and passionate about delivering consistently high levels of service.
- Self-confident individual with the ability to influence key decision makers by using business knowledge and statistical evidence.
- Ability to build effective relationships and find collaborative solutions in a constructive manner.
- High level of planning and organisational skills.