Gameplay Programmer - CA Sofia
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate game developer to join our Total War team in Sofia as a Gameplay Programmer. Working with the team, you will look to produce efficient and effective solutions to the complex challenges presented by the Total War Campaign environment.
You will be working with a varied team of programmers, designers and QA Technicians, bring your knowledge and experience to help push the boundaries and strive to make our titles better than ever before.
In the role of a Gameplay Programmer, you will be using your excellent coding skills and expertise to work on improving our existing gameplay and crafting new and compelling features for future titles.
You will be involved in developing new features for the Total War game and be highly competent in maintaining new and existing systems, ensuring the stability and performance of the game. This includes analyzing existing code and proposing efficient solutions, writing solid code with a focus on performances and memory usage and maintaining a high software quality, finding and fixing bugs. You will also collaborate and problem-solve with the wider game development team on the project - designers, programmers and testers to bring suggestions from an idea to a released feature.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good C++ programming skills
- Professional programming experience
- Prior experience in game development
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective collaboration across the project
- Passion and interest in games and game development
Nice to have
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Excellent academic background, preferably in a numeric discipline
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.