Senior VFX Artist
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a real passion for VFX, to join our development team to work on exciting new projects in our Total war franchise. This role is based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
We are looking for a talented Senior VFX Artist to join our team creating effects for exciting new projects within the Total War franchise. You will be working on some of our new strategy PC titles with an experienced team of developers. You will have the opportunity to improve your skillset alongside some of the best creatives in the industry and shape the game.
A good communicator and organiser, you will be an integral part of the team, producing high quality and performant visuals.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 2-3 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create high quality, performant visuals in line with art direction for the project
- Work with other project disciplines across the team to construct and maintain an efficient pipeline
- Work collaboratively with Production, Artists, Designers and Programmers, communicating clearly in all directions
- Ability to create, implement world class real-time VFX in a game engine
- Excellent visual awareness and artistic ability
- Experience of working in a professional creative environment
- Experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of:
- Image manipulation software such as photoshop/substance designer
- 3d software (Maya or 3DS Max)
- Creating animated sprite sheets
- Particle system terminology and applications
- Particle editors (e.g. unreal/unity/other)
- Developed understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow
- Highly effective time management, ability to prioritise and maintain work schedule.
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends
- Knowledge of video games industry and awareness of typical game development processes
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX
- Knowledge of Embergen
- Familiar with data management software (e.g. SVN. Perforce)
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.