Assistant Manager of Consumer Billing and Accounting
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Assistant Manager of Consumer Billing & Accounting
Financial & Administrative Services
Manager of Consumer Billing & Accounting
Include Physical Address
Based on qualifications and experience
Non Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position ensures the stable operations of the consumer accounting, the billing and meter reading functions/revenue recovery activities; assists with the oversite of the Cooperative’s customer information system, utilities records management; and the timely monthly energy billing; assists with the coordination of registration activities for all District and Annual Meetings; and assists with the preparation of the annual revenue budget projections.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Business Management, Accounting or closely related major
Five years related work experience in a progressively responsible position that includes utility accounting, accounts receivable, billing, collections and budget administration.
Three years directing the work of others.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures; thorough working knowledge of consumer accounting and accounts receivable systems, budgeting and forecasting, Thorough understanding of the state of Florida Public Service Commission energy rate regulations.
- Knowledge of computerized utility billing systems including rate composition and calculations; ability to implement and test modifications including rates, taxes, etc.; knowledge of electronic meter reading equipment and automated meter reading devices. Working knowledge of the cost of service and retail rate design studies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, billing and consumer accounting systems ability to acquire skills in the use of applicable corporate accounting and customer information systems.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; trends and requirements, technology and information that may affect the consumer accounting unit, the cooperative or electric utilities in general.
- Effective leadership skills with ability to make and implement sound decisions; demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills and time management; detail oriented; analytical and process management skills; demonstrated change management aptitude and ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with government agencies, management, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and others; ability to make presentations, prepare reports, business correspondence, procedures, and training manuals.
- Ability to acquire general knowledge of an electrical distribution cooperative and RUS requirements as pertains to the position, membership and registration procedures for district and annual meetings.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment; ability to manage multiple priorities calmly and effectively in all situations.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
This position has responsibility for the direction, coordination and evaluation of employees in the consumer accounting and meter reading and revenue recovery unit. This person is expected to perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.