INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
330 South US Hwy 301 – P.O. Box 301
Sumterville, FL 33585-0301
SECO ENERGY is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Professional – Exempt
Corporate – Sumterville, FL
Based on Qualifications and Experience
Friday, 11/03/17 until Filled
SECO Energy, an electric distribution cooperative serving nearly 200,000 members located in Central Florida, is seeking for a Programmer reporting to the Supervisor of Applications Programming at the following location: 330 S US Hwy 301, Sumterville. Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job: The Programmer role is responsible to define, develop, test, analyze and maintain new and current software applications in support of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing and analyzing software programs and applications. This position will also research, design, document and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle; conduct requirement-gathering meetings and produce technical and business documentation.
Position Specifications: The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or 6 years of equivalent experience.
- Two years of progressive experience in programming, developing business applications, and systems design.
- Proficiency in SQL, scripting languages, and one or more other programming languages such as .NET, GE Magik and C#.
- Must have experience in building strong client relationships.
- Experience with a distribution electric utility or related industry is desirable.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of structured programming principles and methods, system analysis techniques, system design, industry standard testing principles, system implementation, user training and follow up; utilization of Apple Macintosh and/or Windows personal computing systems.
- Must be able to author software development lifecycle documentation including user requirements, high-level/detailed design, test plan/scripts, and an implementation plan.
- Must be able to create, maintain and update existing software applications written with a variety of programming languages and development tools. Development updates must be clearly documented and commented.
- General understanding of multiple computer platform functions to include operating systems, utilities, shared and peer function. Knowledge of systems backup, recovery and software application security.
- General understanding of relational database and client-server concepts; familiar with a range of programming environments such as: Net framework; Windows; Visual Studio, .Net/C++/C#, HTML, ODBC, ASP.Net, SQL, XML, Visual Basic, VB.Net; GE Magik, Python, PowerShell, ability to continue learning and implement relevant alternate programming tools.
- Ability to acquire expertise to support corporate business systems such as CIS, Business Accounting; Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System Interfaces; Outage Management and GIS System Interfaces; SCADA Interfaces; Crystal Reports; Microsoft .NET, fuel systems, ESRI GIS, and asset management tools.
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to accurately prepare all types of business correspondence, design and produce reports and training manuals; ability to analyze and interpret job related business periodicals and technical manuals.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with others at all levels of the organization; ability to express technical information clearly and simply while working closely with other personnel.
- Ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines; work independently and in a team environment; ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information; be flexible and receptive to changing priorities.
- Exhibit support of SECO’s Corporate Values and management team in order to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance with unscheduled absences kept to an absolute minimum.
- Ability to learn, interpret and follow all SECO safety rules, policies, practices and procedures.
- Successful completion of Sumter Electric Cooperative's employment entrance examination and drug screen.
Physical Requisites and Working Conditions:
- General sedentary office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Normal work hours will be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Some business travel for training and development.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Physical ability in sitting, stooping, pushing, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, using fingers, grasping, talking, hearing, extended repetitive motions, defined light level work. Visual acuity required as machine operator.
- Ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including personal computer, mainframe computer systems; calculator, printers, telephone and FAX machine.
SKILLS VERIFICATION: The skills required for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
- Plan advanced and functionally defined assignments and goals, with alternatives, actions, and results clearly specified; participate in design, creation and delivery of detailed, complex program specifications.
- Independently and collaboratively perform programming or scripting tasks; write and review software requirements, design specifications, code, unit tests and release notes.
- Install client-server software applications.
- Maintain knowledge of the design and development of existing software systems; develop applications for and enhancements to existing applications.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs; develop reports and studies that analyze information contained in databases to management as directed.
- Assist in the implementation and integration of third party proprietary software systems into existing database application infrastructure.
- Design reports for database and applications, as directed.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Provide debugging and troubleshooting analysis.
- Review, analyze and modify programming code.
- Maintain and monitor GIS Database systems to insure continuous availability.
- Support and maintain Web application servers.
- Patch and Upgrade software systems as necessary.
- Provide after-hours support of critical business systems as needed.
All Internal and External applicants must apply On-Line only as follows:
INTERNAL (Employees Only)
From SECONet (employee Intranet)
Click Employee Bulletin Board, Jobs/Career.
Then, click the link: “EMPLOYEES may apply online here”.
EXTERNAL applicants apply On-Line Only: At a Career Source (formerly Workforce Central Florida) office or from any computer with Internet access on SECO’s Careers Web Site: http://www.secoenergy.com
1 | Page