Manager of Supply Chain Services
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Manager of Supply Chain Services
Financial & Administrative Services
Chief Financial Officer
Sumterville: 293 S US HWY 301, FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
No Represented - Exempt
Tuesday, 05/08/2018 until filled
# of Vacancies:
SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for all aspects of procurement, contracting, warehousing and inventory management; developing and executing strategic sourcing efforts for the Cooperative with a focus on establishing a demand and supply base that meets quality, delivery and cost targets; ensures coordination with manufacturers and logistics for timely delivery of products; monitors procurement activity, contracts and agreements in conjunction with legal and financial resources; development and implementation of programs, budgets and practices; manages the Supply Chain unit with close partnership with other departments to develop product/material needs and specifications.
This position has responsibility for the direction, coordination and evaluation of employees in the supply chain unit. This person is expected to perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Logistics, Operations Science, or closely related field.
- Eight years progressively responsible experience in a position within various supply chain management functions and a minimum of three years directing the work of others.
- Prior experience with a rural electric cooperative or related utility system with emphasis on materials and supplies used in line construction.
- Professional certifications such as APICS/ISM.
Note: Job related experience may be substituted for the required education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of legal terminology, contract management and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts; contract procedures, and approval processes; application of the principles of financial analysis and capital project justification; inventory stratification, disaster planning and contingency arrangements.
- Demonstrated category management expertise and proven negotiation and facilitation skills resulting in high BCR.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products; ability to acquire skills in the use of applicable corporate warehousing and inventory management systems including NISC, Prophix, Contract Analyst, RFID, barcoding.
- Strong leadership, analytical and process management skills with ability to make and implement sound decisions; demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills; detail oriented; demonstrated change management aptitude and ability.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and listening to effectively interact with employees, management, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies and others; presentation skills including the ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, procedures and training manuals.
- Ability to manage projects using project management cycle to ensure successful delivery; establish clear goals and accountabilities; develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment; ability to manage multiple priorities calmly and effectively in all situations.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
The skills required for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions, and technical skills exercise(s).
- Successful completion of SECO Energy’s employment entrance examination and drug screen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
- Direct all purchasing, contracting, warehousing and inventory management activities. Develop and implement realistic and effective programs, budget and practices in the supply chain areas and provide reports regarding progress and developments to management to evaluate results.
- Effectively manage resources in the supply chain unit to achieve results; maintain awareness of economic and business conditions; respond to change as necessary and alert management of price trends, market conditions and material/source availability.
- Provide research and advice to appropriate departments on product changes what would affect the Cooperative operations, inventory practices and procedures.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk and protect continuity of supply.
- Oversee and approve purchases handled by the procurement unit; prepare formal quotations for purchases, contracts and quotes for Board approval.
- Identify ways to reduce costs and take appropriate action that are focused on creating greater efficiencies and better quality resources.
- Ensure compliance with cooperative policies and procedures; all applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures relating to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts; contract procedures, negotiations and approval processes.
- Ensure the highest ethical standards of integrity and professionalism are adhered to in the procurement process.
- Renegotiate, renew and/or discontinue supplier contracts.
- Participate in organizations and meetings at the local, state and national levels such as the Institute of Supply Management, APICS, etc.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters or must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Normal work hours will be eight (8) hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Approximately 20% of the time spent in business travel.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including personal computer, printers, telephone, bar code reader and mobile electronic equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment with some exposure to warehouse conditions. Approximately 20% of the time spent in business travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Attend and actively participate in all Job Briefings and Safety Meetings as required.
- Promotes safe work practices
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and comply with all applicable SECO Energy safety rules, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Use all required safety protective equipment and utilize all SECO Energy equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Be alert to any safety hazards involving SECO Energy equipment and notify the appropriate
- Attend and actively participate in training as scheduled.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality during the established working hours.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence and to the Corporate Vision.
- Maintain and encourage open, honest communication with superiors and co-workers.
- Exhibit a commitment to customer focused service.
- Exhibit integrity and honesty in all actions.
- Exhibit a firm commitment to safety.
- Maintain a team player focused cooperative style.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic.
All Internal and External applicants must apply On-Line only as follows:
INTERNAL (Employees Only)
From SECONet (employee Intranet)
click Employee Bulletin Board, Jobs/Career.
Then, click the link: “EMPLOYEES may apply online here”.
EXTERNAL applicants apply On-Line Only: At a Career Source office or from any computer with Internet access on SECO’s Careers Web Site: http://www.secoenergy.com
SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.