INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
System Performance Manager
293 S US HWY 310, Sumterville, Fl 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non Represented - Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
This position is responsible for analyzing SECO Energy’s electric system reliability performance, reporting standardized reliability indices (SAIFI, CAIDI, SAIFI) both internally and externally, and identifying key improvement opportunities. This position is also responsible for: documenting and assessing workflow processes, leading teams to identify improvement opportunities, developing creative solutions and conducting research to determine feasibility, analyzing impact of proposed modifications, and facilitating implementation of standardized work methods and/or enhanced business practices. Responsible for financial forecasting and development of the annual Reliability & Operations expense budget while monitoring monthly expenditures and reconciling with Finance & Accounting. During weather emergencies plays a critical role in forecasting outages, projecting personnel needs, and forecasting restoration durations.
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Business Administration or related field
Six Sigma certification within three years of employment
Minimum four years of focused experience in business process analysis, improvement, and development.
Proficient in the use of personal computers and an expert in MS Office products including Excel, Outlook and Word. If not an expert, the candidate must be able to be retested and skilled within 6-months of hiring.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
The equivalent of six years of directly related experience in Business Administration or related field, with a high school diploma or GED may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- May occasionally work outside in an observation role to document processes, observe work methods and to obtain a working knowledge of field activities.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Demonstrated ability to perform business case analyses which includes cost-benefit analysis, return on investment (ROI) analysis and financial impact forecasting; ability to lead teams to implement process change.
- Possess advanced financial and forecasting skills to develop, implement, track and maintain the annual Reliability & Operations operating expense budget of approximately $40 million dollars.
- Must be able to make formal presentations to a variety of audiences ranging from subordinates to management.
- Knowledge and use of statistical tools required to perform Six Sigma analyses to include iGrafx and/or other business process mapping software, cause-and-effect diagrams, pareto charts, calculating sample sizes, construction of scatter diagrams, linear regression and the development of countermeasure matrices.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of other applicable corporate computer systems within 6-months of hire date.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal and listening to interact with employees, managers and the public; ability to design and prepare technical reports and presentations and present to groups; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service orientation; effective planning, organization and prioritization skills with exceptional documentation and detail; work independently and in a team environment to accomplish established goals and meet deadlines; ability to oversee and coordinate the use of outside contractors, consultants and / or vendors.
- Skilled in technical, business and conversation writing. Must be able to craft a memorandum, email and / or written correspondence that is appropriate for internal and external communications. This includes the ability to craft procedures, training manuals, reports and presentations to communicate within and outside the department.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment, able to multi-task calmly in all situations.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and a positive “can do” attitude when provided tasks and assignments from inside and outside department.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.