Pipeline Field Laborer - Filtrexx
- Performs manual labor duties related to the erosion control projects.
- Works in a safe manner.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks and truck trailers each day.
- Ensures that materials and tools are put in their designated areas and that jobsites are maintained clean.
- Must follow all safety rules on each job. Most safety rules are “site specific”.
- Participate in every Job Safety meeting, each day before work is performed.
- Report to their supervisors any unsafe conditions, near misses or accidents.
- Follows safety rules when operating equipment.
- Skid Steer
- Operate hose while blowing Soxx
- Blower machine
- Walk up and down slopes as great as 50% grade.
- Swing a 12 to 16 lb. sledge hammer to drive wooden stakes 12 inches into the ground.
- Carry 50 to 60 lb. straw bales.
- Carry 50 lb. bags of seed, Fertilizer.
- Drag 5” diameter hose up to 150’ in length through rough terrain, such as stumps, rocks etc.
- Carry rolls of fence up or down slopes.
- Must be able to easily traverse unlevel or slippery ground and work in muddy conditions.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Must be able to read and follow routine specifications.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.