Summary of Responsibilities:
Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by leading, organizing, and training team members and strategizing and executing operational goals.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations
- Manages warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversees receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations
- Determines warehouse layout and efficient space utilization
- Develops and maintains procedures for Inventory Management
- Monitors inventory levels
- Ensures proper storage and accuracy of received and shipped inventory
- Ensures cycle counts are completed on time with corrective actions implemented for discrepancies
- Ensures all orders are shipped on time to meet customer needs
- Ensures raw material is delivered to production areas and finished goods are picked up timely for shipment
- Analyzes traffic rates and patterns to reduce costs
- Schedules all inbound and outbound transportation
- Interfaces with Planning and Customer Service teams to ensure orders are picked on time and in full and production lines are not waiting for raw materials?
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report, SLOB report, pallet move report, raw material OT report to production equipment, inventory accuracy, detention charges, substrate Time Phase reports, silo level reporting, )
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Ensures that all housekeeping duties are completed to maintain clear aisles and safe work areas
- Additional duties as assigned
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent, plus 5-10 years warehouse management in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success as a leader in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability to manage others
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced inventory knowledge of cycle count programs and physical inventory
- Microsoft Office and inventory software competency
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead a team to achieve results
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.