Summary of Responsibilities:
Supervises and coordinates activities of production workers by performing the following duties.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Directs and manages shift employees to maximize safety, quality, and productivity in all areas of operations.
- Uses knowledgable of the procedures, equipment, and operation to direct and lead crews in day to day execution of the production schedules.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Manages changeovers, fabric changes, and maintenance of production lines.
- Actively works to maintain both paper machine and slitters on predefined operating schedules.
- Participates in the safety program through energetic use of the safety observation program.
- Executes company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Supervises, directs and/or recommends measures to improve processes, production methods, equipment, performance, and quality of product in the department.
- Assists is the execution of product development activites in both the machine and finishing departments.
- Recommends changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering or related field and 1+ year’s related experience preferred, will consider combination of education and experience. Experience in the paper or other web handling industry a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Track record of successful team building and strong leader
- Must be able to run time and production reports for management
- Must have experience in root cause analysis
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.