Night Shift - Utility Operator
What We Do: As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all of our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com.
What You’ll Do: Utility Operators assist in producing and controlling the quality of non-woven (air filtration) products. You would also be responsible for assisting with machine start up and shutdown, maintaining a clean and organized work space, and various other tasks according to product specifications. Utility Operators work as a team in a fast paced environment on a fixed schedule (7pm-7am). ** Note – training will take place on day shift.
- Production Experience is a plus
- Mechanical Aptitude preferred
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing skills required
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance required
- Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Ability to read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging)
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.