Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner in our Engineered Papers business.
This position is responsible for leading the HR efforts within our Engineered Papers (EP) division. The position is located in Newberry, South Carolina and supports all EP locations throughout North America.
The SHRBP is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical support, addressing day to day business needs and delivering solutions for our EP business. This is a hands-on role that is set in a production environment and serves as the senior HR leader for multiple sites, providing leadership to local HR teams.
This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, you will help develop programs that run across the broader HR team. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
In this role you will:
- Act as Human Resources Strategic Business Partner to Senior Leaders and their teams.
- Provide insights to leadership team regarding organizational health and effectiveness.
- Develop plans to enable the build of high-performance teams while retaining top talent.
- Drive, influence, and implement people strategies that support and align with business requirements.
- Develop and implement labor relations strategies in both union and non-union sites. Act as a partner in addressing union requests and lead union meetings in accordance with local collective bargaining agreement.
- Coach and advise with Senior Leaders on team effectiveness, team leadership, talent management, and organization effectiveness so they can lead the organization to meet established business targets.
- Support the development and retention of top talent by facilitating the management talent assessment using SWM’s standard performance management process and build plans to develop and deploy our key talent.
- Drive local implementation of global / regional processes.
- Support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Provide business and employee perspective and insights to HR Centers of Excellence to influence corporate processes.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to draw insights, develop solutions, programs and policies.
Critical Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work in a global matrix to drive teamwork and consistent roll-out of initiatives across the function.
- Developed personal credibility through strong communication skills, achieving results, and trusted collaborations.
- Experienced in diagnosing and resolving complex problems and opportunities within business and organization.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and autonomy.
- Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills.
- Cross cultural effectiveness with global team base.
- Ability to work with multiple diverse cultures.
- Business acumen.
- Knowledgeable in employment law in U.S. and Canada
- Executive and team leader performance coaching and facets of Talent Management.
- Organizational design and effectiveness.
- Education required: A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational management or a related field is required. HR Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- HR Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Minimum of eight to ten years progressive HR or business experience is required.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including overnight travel.
- An advanced degree, preferably in discipline such as Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related.
- Prior HR experience in union manufacturing sites strongly preferred.
- Experience delivering results within a matrix structure.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.