Global IT Process Champion - Finance
Summary of Responsibilities:
The IT Process Champion for Finance is responsible for aligning the business strategies of the global Finance organization at SWM with its technology and for implementing projects to achieve strategic advantage. Communicates with internal stakeholders to deliver process improvements, systems enhancements and business benefits. Acts as liaison between technology teams, support teams, and business units or functions.
- Proactive identification of technology leveraging opportunities for value building in Finance
- Responsible for establishing efficient and standardized Finance business processes
- Perform in-depth analysis of processes and methodologies by which Finance performs and distributes work, and how Finance engages with IT and other organizations
- Provide expertise and insights on industry best practices to establish/improve methodologies to achieve world class processes
- Guide our client on leading and emerging tools and technologies so that goals can be achieved
- Perform Finance Performance Improvement engagements, which involve looking at a company’s internal finance and accounting processes and advising on solutions around creating efficient process or improving existing processes
- Understanding the business drivers that shape the role of SWM’s finance function and help in the development and implementation of Finance functions / processes improvements in areas like accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections, enterprise consolidation, financial statement close, treasury and cash management, working capital, GAAP, fixed assets and other areas as desired
- Build client relationships, including identification and pursuit of business value building opportunities
- Lead in identifying proactive opportunities for process improvement and cost savings while proposing the most appropriate approach for the opportunity
- Develop, structure and offer innovative services around Finance operations
- Identify critical technological requirements for the financial processes
- Build compelling written findings and present opinions to a challenging client peer group
- Support and lead finance improvement projects
- Assist in the creation and implementation of short and long term IT vision for Finance team
- Develop ERP based business solutions in collaboration with IT team, which enable the business to realize its operational and strategic goals
- Drive business requirements gathering, analysis and solution design with Finance and IT
- Represents Finance team in cross functional IT implementation
- Coordinate and lead new IT application related testing & test design for the Finance team
- Support the business process owners and super users with day to day application related issues
- Ensure all integration elements are addressed to enable Finance processes to be fully functional.
- Recommends technical/business problem solving solutions that are comprehensive, fiscally responsible and encompasses cutting edge technology
- Identifies root causes and can addresses issues and concerns with comprehensive countermeasures
- Identifies outliers, leading indicators, trends, and pitfalls to develop proactive mitigation plans
- Prepares reports supporting department goals and objectives
- Interpret stakeholder business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- BA degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience required.
- Critical analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and track multiple task/projects on different timelines
- Experience in process improvement projects in Finance
- Strong Finance/Accounting background
- Experience in ERP and reporting/analytic solutions
- Distinguishing timeless tenets (ideology, values etc.) from organizational practices and strategies
- Proficient in Finance operations and processes
- Talented in results-oriented implementations
- Proven ability to develop, document business processes and procedures, including the designing and documenting detailed process flows, and the development of operational performance and quality metric standards and reports.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Creative, responsive and adaptive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- Ability to work and lead in a team environment
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.