Manager, Process Engineering
- Manage Process Engineering team to insure timely, effective manufacturing floor support and projects.
- Provide process and troubleshooting support to Operations to accommodate achievement of production standards.
- Develop personnel objectives to support manufacturing goals.
- Identify and execute areas in which productivity gains, process conditions, Quality and/or cost reductions can be realized.
- Leverage personal talent and skills through assignments to direct reports to enhance overall Operations performance.
- Partner with Operations, facilities Engineering, R&D and Customers to improve processes, facility and products.
- Identify and define equipment/facility upgrades to permit gains in productivity, cost reduction, increased work enter flexibility, improved product quality, etc.
- Manage engineering budget and projects within time frame and specified budget.
- Manages ERP database as it relates to all Bill Of Material (BOM) labor/material standards, operating procedures, and product extension specifications.
- Makes recommendations in the selection of appropriate resins and additives.
- Optimizes process conditions for manufacture of products.
- Provide training to operating personnel to ensure safe, efficient and standardized operations.
- Resolve customer product and service issues as it relates to Operations.
- Proactively seeks continuous improvement in product capabilities.
- Enhances customer relationships; develops an understanding of customer applications and markets.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Work with customers and sales to develop and modify new products; commercializes said products through transition to Operations personnel.
- Assesses annual performance appraisal; develops employee developmental plan addressing growth potential and/or developmental (improvement) areas.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with at least 7 years leading an engineering team in a manufacturing environment or a combination of education and experience. Experience in plastics, extrusion and/or understand procedure of stretching hot plastic film in two direction (Biaxial Orientation )is a plus.
- Strong applied technical knowledge of the films/paper manufacturing processing.
- Knowledge of technical capabilities of plastics, netting, and films product segments is a plus.
- Must possess skills in areas such as prioritization, organization, analysis, planning, customer service, contracting and logistics;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective skills with the Microsoft Office suite (EXCEL/WORD/SMARTDRAW), ERP/MRP.
- Collaboration skills.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.