Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner in our Corporate Services & AMS Division.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an HR leader who is passionate about supporting and building people strategies to grow our business. This position, located in our corporate headquarters in Alpharetta, Georgia, will lead the HR efforts for SWM corporate departments, as well as shared services within the Advanced Materials & Structures (AMS) division. In this role, you will champion a positive culture, nurture talent and seek opportunities to create a positive impact on the organization. This position is both operational and strategic in nature and provides HR expertise in the areas of talent management, organization design and effectiveness, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement and retention.
If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging and agile environment, this position may be for you! Core responsibilities include:
- HR Leadership: Coaching, developing and providing guidance to HR team members within assigned groups.
- Business Partner: Serving as a true business partner and advisor, gaining the trust of the organization in order to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice and support.
- Talent Acquisition: designing and executing workforce planning and recruitment strategies that attract and retain the best talent in the industry.
- Organization Design and Effectiveness for assigned groups. Serves as a change agent in the organization, sponsoring change initiatives in support of organizational evolution.
- Employee Relations: Promoting a philosophy of employee relations throughout the company which emphasizes open communications, the value of people, equal opportunities and treatment, and continuous learning.
- HR Expert: Acting as a subject matter expert within the organization and providing interpretation, recommended best practices and ensures compliance with key legal requirements and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Compensation: Partnering with our Center of Excellence to ensure our compensation practices continue to attract and reward top talent. Overseeing salary administration to include annual performance management and compensation processes.
- Continuous Improvement: Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to draw insights, develop solutions, programs and policies.
Here’s what’s required for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of ten years progressive HR/business leadership experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of employees and leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant; ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with organization design required.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- HR Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including overnight travel.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.