Extruder Operator - 3rd Shift
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining, controlling, operating and performing maintenance tasks on the extruder equipment
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Startup and shutdown line according to procedures
- Set up styles, including necessary adjustments, by use of set-up sheets/guidelines; pull samples from across web and use to determine sample test results.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain input reports, production reports; check quality at start of shift and ensure quality of all products throughout shift.
- Ability to read blueprints and run job to order specifications
- Must be able to use measuring tools to ensure parts meet specification
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed
- Maintain clean line
- Adhere to all plant, safety and quality policies
- Cross train on other machines and in other areas of the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions
Basic math skills
Basic computer skills
Ability to write
Attention to detail
Ability to work in a team environment
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
One to three months related experience and/or training preferred. Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including; safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.