Scheduler & Warehouse Manager
Production Scheduling and Follow-up : The Scheduler is in charge of managing in WIP all jobs and allocate them to the suitable resources or instances: Respecting job’s due date (OTIF = 100%), including batch release or maturity period (for OL) ; Checking resources and components availability; Maximizing production efficiency (number of setups, etc.); Communicate production schedule to the production team; Lead a daily meeting involved production, quality control, customer service, logistics, and human resources ; Create jobs in WIP for samples and trials. Integrate them in the production schedule. Update calendar of machine availability in WIP over firm horizon; Analyze and control production adherence (planned vs produced) for D-1 every day ; Alert planner, customer service and logistics if a job was delayed and a customer order is impacted. Responsible for tracking OTIF.
Inventory Management: Follow-up inventories of components when a new job created; FIFO and inform planner about SLOB (Slow and Obsolete Inventory) and inventories of WIP and respect maximum inventory target defined by master planner (for example for printed rolls)
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operation.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Manages, directs and/or recommends measures to improve processes.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with other supervisors/managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
Traffic Management – Serves as a SME for all local traffic decisions including shipping availability, rate negotiation and reviewing bills for both LTL and full truckload carriers.
Degree BA/BS or work experience as a Production Scheduler and good understanding of manufacturing environment.
- English at a proficient level
- Mastering of SWM ERP
- Good math skills with the ability to analyze complex probability models
- Good reasoning and communication skills
and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.