FP&A Manager, Films
Summary of Responsibilities:
The FP&A Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls the Financial Planning & Analysis function for the Films business within AMS. This includes leading the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and monthly reporting / analysis. Be the main financial support for the General Manager - Films. Scope: AMS Films activities in the US (Greenfield, MA), UK (Gilberdyke) and China (Suzhou).
Primary Responsibilities (for assigned locations):
- Support the General Manager – Films from a financial perspective. Create consolidating reporting (flash, Monthly Business Review, price / volume / mix, etc.), prepare monthly analysis, manage the budget / forecast process, gross margin bridges, review capital requests, create contribution margin reporting, bad debt analysis, R&D spend, etc.
- Lead the annual budget / quarterly forecast process for the Films business. Act as the liaison between the FP&A and controllers organization to ensure the budget / forecast is prepared timely and accurately
- Work with plant controllers on preparing / reviewing plant monthly financial / operating results / metrics that are presented to both the General Manager - Films and VP of Operations
- Prepare financial summaries for AMS Films that are used by AMS FP&A to report on consolidated AMS results to the SWM / AMS executive teams and along with the Board of Directors
- Drive process improvements in all key areas of responsibilities
- Prepare cost/projection analysis of new business opportunities and existing business relationships, including pricing new business and improving prices / profitability on existing business
- Act as a subject matter expert / administrator for the Boardwalk sales forecasting / budgeting tool (in particular for AMS Films locations). Support the commercial team on the functionality of the tool
- Special projects aimed at supporting improvements (speed, depth, accuracy, clarity) in reporting, analysis, understanding and identification of cost saving opportunities
- Travel required up to 10%
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance with 7 - 10 years’ experience in a combination of Manufacturing Accounting and FP&A. MBA a plus
- Strong organizational skills involving multiple locations; ability to influence across the organization without having direct supervision
- Skills and experience in monthly reporting, variance analysis, and “telling the story” rather than reciting numbers
- Strong accounting understanding / experience
- Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel Skills (including pivot capability, knowledge of logic and lookup/reference functions, and chart skills) and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience in budget preparation
- Experience with ERP systems, Infor products a plus (LN or Syteline)
- Effective presentation skills
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.