Laborer (Machine Operator)
Summary of Responsibilities:
A Laborer is responsible for being a safe and productive member of the Ancram Team. A Laborer fills entry level positions while growing into jobs of greater responsibility. A Laborer is expected to perform the following duties:
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations
- Operate fork lift truck moving materials and products within the facility.
- Read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Work as a productive member of a team.
- Follow instructions related to independent work assignments.
- Assist operators or maintenance personnel as required or assigned.
- Enter production data into computer system.
- Demonstrate fundamental math skills.
- Follow written work instructions and specifications related to raw material blends and customer packaging specifications.
- Access to confidential information such as formulas, supplier names, materials, process conditions and set-up information. (You will have to sign a confidentiality agreement upon hire)
- Any and all other duties assigned.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, sit, use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel, and reach.
- Frequently walk, talk and listen.
- Occasionally climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and or move up to 60 pounds. Frequent bending is required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply with the aid of a calculator.
- Basic computer skills are required. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, data entry of production and materials in database.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex multiple step instructions.
- Ability to deal with non-standardized situations with multiple variables.
- Ambient temperatures range from cold to extremely hot & humid.
- Atmosphere will contain dust, fumes, and odors.
- Special hazards include mechanical, electrical, and chemical.
- Protective clothing/equipment required could include, but not limited to: Safety glasses, Steel toed boots, hearing protection, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
Starting wage from: $21 - $25
Shift work is required. Shifts may vary from week to week: 7am-3pm/ 3pm-11pm/ 11pm-7am
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.