Building and Factory Maintenance Associate
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Building and Factory Maintenance Associate for our Maryville, Tennessee location .
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Our opportunity is for a Maintenance Associate at the manufacturing facility in Maryville, TN. Candidates must be willing to work a 6:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. shift, Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime may be needed. You would report to the Plant Manager.
- Possess strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Able to work well independently and with others.
- Contribute positively to the team.
- Complete all preventive maintenance work orders on time.
- Perform routine building maintenance duties, including minor repairs, plumbing, system maintenance.
- Respond immediately to urgent factory and building maintenance and repairs.
- Effectively troubleshoot and diagnose issues.
- Schedule and oversee all contractors required for preventive and corrective maintenance of building and factory equipment. Work with contracted vendors as allowed by company policy.
- Read and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, and other manuals and documents.
- Based on facility and production requirements and constraints, research and determine equipment and tooling to purchase and assist in installation.
- Responsible for hazardous waste and universal waste storage, labeling, and disposal.
- Responsible for safe chemical storage and container disposal.
- Assist with building and factory layout changes including rack assembly/securing, electrical drops and grounding.
- Comply with lockout tagout program, roof access policy, hot work program, and all safety rules and standard safety practices.
- Participate in emergency response team.
- Submit purchase requisitions for maintenance supplies and factory tooling, supplies, and repair needs.
- Keep inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Restock office and restroom supplies throughout facility.
- Complete administrative duties such as printing and closing out work orders, responding to emails, filling out forms, and reporting maintenance statuses to supervisor.
- Assist production in duties such as inspection, assembly, testing, and packing as requested by supervisor.
- Utilize scissor lift and fork lift as needed.
- Produce quality results in a reasonable time frame.
- Perform tasks as the manager or team coordinator directs.
- Keep workstation area and housekeeping at company standards.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Able to safely and correctly operate scissor lift and fork lift.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English.
- Excellent attendance record.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match , and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.