Global Active Directory Architect
General description: The GDS Team is responsible for managing and supporting the AD infrastructure, Azure AD, Internal PKI as well as interfacing with network and security teams to collaborate on the delivery of projects. As part of this team, the GDS architect will be responsible for designing and supporting the stated technologies and assisting project driven efforts to provide additional services to Schneider Electric's IT and end-users. The GDS Architect should have subject matter expertise in the following domains: Enterprise Directory Service, Active Directory (AD), Identity Management, Active Directory Migrations, Azure, Enterprise and/or cloud solutions, and 3rd party application integration. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Azure, Federation, Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019, Windows security, Microsoft certificate services, AD Proxy, Virtual Directory solutions and Microsoft cloud related technology. Expectations:
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Architect, develop, implement, and maintain Schneider Electric's Active Directory (AD) Services supporting international corporate enterprise with over 100 locations and 160.000 users globally;
- Establish and maintain best practices, processes and procedures to underpin the onboarding, transfers and off boarding processes for AD accounts (User, Service, Generic, Vendor);
- Provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment that rely on AD (i.e. Single Sign-On);
- Resolve and conduct root cause analysis of system performance/failure issues. Manage the interface with Microsoft for major issues.
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of AD infrastructure.
- Manage production and maintenance of system documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Engage key stakeholders and sponsors to ensure customer strategic requirements are being met;
- Support company acquisition integrations and divestures;
- Integrate and manage new services depending on Schneider Electric's Information Systems evolution (Azure, PKI management, joiner/ mover/ leaver coherence between different Regions, O365 Tenant Management…);
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory infrastructure and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures and processes;
- Advanced detailed knowledge in AD architecture and infrastructure (LDAP, Directory Replication, group policy, security, schema changes, Domain Controllers management, Patch updates etc.);
- Advanced detailed knowledge of DNS, Kerberos and Windows Authentication, to include authentication with other technologies for Single Sign On;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Certified Services (PKI);
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft cloud services, precisely Azure AD;
- Ability to manage AD objects using Microsoft PowerShell;
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills along with the technical experience needed to design high-performance, highly available infrastructure solutions.
- 7 years Windows systems administrator with extensive experience in Active Directory services supporting a global environment. Must have proven experience in managing all technical aspects of AD infrastructure, Windows servers (2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization;
- Must have proven experience in AD management including architecting Group policy, integration of multiple AD domains, AD-integrated DNS, AD operational level upgrades, AD migrations, AD object automation with scripting;
- Microsoft Certified MCSE/MCSA level.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a very international context is a big plus;
- 7 years of professional experience focusing on designing and supporting a Windows Active Directory environment;
- Effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to clearly convey complex technical issues and develop technical procedure documentation;
- Previous experience of working in an international context is a big plus.
- Be analytic (able to quickly analyze a situation and propose an action plan).
- Team player:
- Can federate different personalities and /or specialties around a common project/goal
- Able to conciliate personal and team/department objective/success
- Adaptability to changing context and priorities:
- Handle easily scope and context changes with different scale and / or frequency
- Adapt its planning and capacity in case of new priority or emergency
- Deal with urgency
- Ability to communicate and report to the right level at the right time
- Autonomous to organize his work even with multiple and different tasks and subjects
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate with the right tone to the right people at the right time
- Raise alert and escalate when needed
- Ability to work with an international context
- Reliable and responsible
- Vendor management capacities
- Management skills
- The job will be based in Boston, Massachusetts, US
- Attractive package.