ASCO Advanced Development Rotation Program (ADP)
The ASCO Advanced Development Program (ADP) has been designed to identify and accelerate the development of engineering talent by incorporating R&D, manufacturing, and broader business exposure into a cohesive 2-year experience. In your first year, your role will be Associate Design Engineer responsible for the design, improvements, testing, analysis, and performance verifications of electro-mechanical components used in ASCO's products. This position requires a degree of technical and professional competence in mechanical design and should quickly resolve technical problems. During this time, you will be given exposure to other parts of the business including general engineering, applications engineering, service and product management to better understand how the business operates.
After the first year, you will relocate to one of ASCO's manufacturing facilities (most likely Welcome, NC), where you will take on a manufacturing engineering role. In this role, you will be responsible for development, implementation of methods in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. You will likely continue to interface with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products and assist in estimating manufacturing cost by developing time standards and making recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. In addition, during this time at the manufacturing plant, you will be given exposure to other functions such as quality, planning, material purchasing, and testing.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an organization who's dedicated to your development as a technical expert.
- CUSTOMERS FIRST
- DARE TO DISRUPT
- EMBRACE DIFFERENT
- LEARN EVERYDAY
- ACT LIKE OWNERS
- Puts customers first, learns every day, embraces different and acts like an owner
- Dates to innovate; asks questions and is willing to challenge the status quo in terms of how things are done
- Relies on comprehensive knowledge of engineering fundamentals to accomplish a variety of engineering tasks.
- Applies knowledge of 3D CAD and FEA.
- Applies knowledge of material properties, machine components, statics and dynamics.
- Applies drawing standards and industry best practices in design for manufacturing.
- Provides daily and weekly reports on status of activities and project.
- Provides assembly support, as required, to fabricate prototypes and test articles in house.
- Travels as required to manufacturing plants, suppliers, and occasional customer forensic work.
- Continues education in job related subjects, attends seminars and conferences
- Aspires to take a meaningful leadership role within ASCO
We are seeking passionate individuals who have the ability to think critically, appreciate diversity of thinking, offer strong analytical skills and be able to influence peers and other leaders. Someone who is passionate to become a Technical Leader within Critical Power Industry with cross-functional expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mobility Required - you will spend at least 1 year in 2 different locations. Willing to relocate during the development and post-program roles.
- You've had the opportunity to exposed to different technical projects through internships, business and/or functional exposure in a manufacturing environment; Power related industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to analyze and articulate technical problems.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, solid modeling using PTC or a related package.
- Knowledge of MS Office application including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work in both office and manufacturing environments.
- Able to lift heavy objects and work with hand tools as necessary to assemble company's products.
- Domestic and international air travel is required.
- Comfortable and adept at working in new unfamiliar environments.
- Proactive and solutions oriented, with ability to learn and try different things with minimal supervision.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- Should be available to work full time from September 2019
- You can provide evidence of a leadership role on a technical project, within a part-time job or internship, or within a student or professional association.
- You are able to share examples of success in time management, relationship building, teamwork, problem-solving, digital competency and influence.
- You are passionate about learning and developing your skills which will ultimately lead to your dream technical role.
Will you be one of our future product leaders?
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, building an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a real passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.